Thursday, October 4, 2007

Memphis bound


There are several things I love about Memphis (beale street, orpheum, wolfchase, the barclays, good hospitals, tennis tourneys , Elvis everywhere....AND....the ST. JUDE HALF MARATHON I just signed up for!)

Due to sub-par scheduling at work, I'm not even sure if I'll be off on that day, but I decided to just sign up if for no other reason than to make myself train. Running with purpose has got to feel better. When I was registering, they asked my expected finish time...I don't know! I shot for way longer than I truly feel like I could do it...I need breathing room. My aimless running has been about 25-35 miles/week. I want to feel good running at least 15 miles at one time far before the race.

Ready or not, here goes...Countdown - 57 days

2 comments:

JordanandSaundersRamsey said...

How awesome!!! Good luck training. We've had friends run the marathon and they said it is incredible and so much fun!!!!

The Benjamins said...

That is exciting! You will do great!