Monday, September 24, 2007

Lack of any better...


The real reason why I'm posting today is simply because I haven't in quite a while. I've yet to discover any truly interesting stories...that can be blogged about. So I've resorted to the simpler things in my life that seem to make quite an impact on the random day of mine.
Such as today...I got to leave work early last night (always nice) so I got to wake up a little earlier today. If it didn't physically hurt me, I don't think I would EVER sleep during the day. I enjoy the day. I like to plan things, run errands, get things done. It seems impossible to be productive in the middle of the night when I'm stuck awake away from work. So I got up, ran some errands, FINALLY hung some curtains in my bedroom, went for a run, and went to Walmart.
Before I start chasing rabbits, let me give you some history on my apartment complex. There are 3 gates: owner, visitor, and exit. All blocked with an iron gate and a crossbar in front. If you live there, there is an access card which first slowly opens the gate with an eerie creek followed by the lifting of the crossbar. Now the sign on the post that says "Gate closes after each car" means business. I've seen countless people think that they were sneaky enough or fast enough to slip through it's fingers but it has no sympathy. It will come down and bop the top of a range rover just as fast as it will a beat up Chevy. Now, I won't lie...I've never seen this without laughing. In fact, Hailey and I contemplated camping out in front just to count how many dared to beat the terrifying piece of machinery.
I, on the other hand, have given the crossbar my full respect. Even today, a car was in front of me - scanned their card and went through the gate. I apparently scanned .016 seconds too early (testy) because when I drove through it fell with vengeance right before I could cross. I quickly reversed and scanned again this time flying through with fear of being bopped.
If this seems boring, I would invite you too to come and watch. Quite entertaining and dreaded all at the same time.
All for now. Off to work. Blessing.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes, watching people try to outmaster that cross bar is quite hilarious! ever since they put them up for the health center parking lot, we immediately kept our eyes out for a thrill. we have seen someone try to lift the cross bar for a buddy to drive under (no luck with that idea, but good try), a chick try to go through the mulch to avoid it (which resulted in a horrible case of plumber's butt while trying to get her car unstuck!), and the list goes on...

side note.... there is a dude walking his dog outside my apt right now. Guy: come on nutcase....
(i assume he means the dog, haha!)

love love love!

JordanandSaundersRamsey said...

That is too funny. It sounds like something I would enjoy watching. haha!

D.Cooper said...

AH..entertaining at the least! There is a gate like that at Browning Creek here in Starkville...not fun! Robert said he saw you this weekend!