Monday, September 3, 2007

Things to come



The trip back to Birmingham was eventless. Anytime I don't get a ticket going through Reform, I'm happy. This is my 4th out of 5 nights in a row to work. I understand this is normal for some people. I, on the other hand, do not work overtime, so a stretch like this is not my favorite. I won't lie I'm ready for the next thing...

I'm off to Kentucky again on Thursday to see Hailey and the fair. It's also my birthday Friday. Birthdays of course are less and less exciting every year these days, but I have a good feeling about this one. I love going up there, but the 4-hr drive by myself is the worst. I always end up pulling out some old random music mixes from 9th grade and becoming quite the spectacle for the people that I pass or pass me. I text every person I know it seems like. I even may play the license plate game...horrible huh?

If you don't know this about me, I will ride ANY roller coaster, water slide, or dangerous recreational park endeavor. I have a slightly unreasonable but legitimate fear of ferris wheels. Too many stories of getting stuck at the top and the always present bucket parter that thinks it's hilarious to rock back and forth against the rules and my will. They just creep me out. Ironically, this is Hailey's absolute favorite ride...ugh. This means I will inevitably be coaxed into riding it within 5 minutes...She always wins arguments. I've already submitted to the idea. Maybe I will get over my fear.

No more biking since Mississippi. Not because I'm scared, I just haven't found a placed to ride. Any suggestions? People keep saying Oak Mtn...I don't know where that is. I guess I'll find out. I'm looking forward to Wednesday and Thursday for a little free time.

Happy Labor Day

1 comment:

haileyrenea said...

oak mountain is like 3 exits south on 65 (supposedly). not like i've been there...you saw my life this summer. puzzles. friends. lifetimetv.

do i really always win arguments? i mean, of COURSE i'll win the ferris wheel one...

i could pee my pants i'm so excited about you and hk coming.