Let's talk about my last 48 hours...
We can start off with a normal bedtime of 7:45ish Thursday morning after a pretty tame night at work. After sleeping soundly for about 5 hours, I was abruptly woken up by a horrible stomach ache. If anyone knows me well, they know I haven't thrown up since I was 6 (1st grade, school cafeteria, chocolate milk...traumatizing). I feel immune to the seemingly horrible function. I've come to find out through this experience that maybe I should succumb to my ever-fighting CTZ and let it all go for relief. Knowing that I just wasn't going to, I knew I was in for it. I was able to go back to sleep but didn't sleep for more than an hour span at a time for the next 18 hours. Countless awakenings with nausea and chills plagued me until 5:30 am Friday morning finally came with its wonderful scheduled BLS class at the hospital. That's right, I stayed in bed for almost 24 hrs. I'm disgusted at my sick/sloth choice.
After being up for a little while and a few hot mouth-to-mouth moments with an unnamed dummy, I felt almost as good as new. 24 hr bug? Whatever it was, I would appreciate it if the giver of that nasty germ would stay far away from my bag of grapes or whatever was tainted. I've decided that the worst possible thing I could have done for my running habits was the decision to run this half-marathon. It seems like one reason after another that I can't train that day. I've gotten in WAY less mileage than I would have liked to by this point. Oh well, compensation should be fun...ha.
Again, the south has done it, we have suddenly swapped our bikinis for parkas. I know, a little extreme, but I'm not ready for this cold this early. Ease me in already...I'm not so much into layers. Where is the moderate fall?
Halfway through my day today, I was given news that actually made me hit my brakes for a second...I know. Woah...Imagine the farthest thing in your mind happening and then one of your good friends telling you about it...great feeling. What do I even do with this? I know I'm being vague, but with reason.
It's amazing really...
So hopefully tomorrow will be less eventful (if eventful = F)
Friday, October 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
yikes... what a day. is the "good feeling" meant to be sarcastic?
Post a Comment