Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Colorado - Chapter 2




Well we fly out tomorrow afternoon with a massive layover in Chicago (where there are supposed to be ice storms) and get into Birmingham at an exhausting 10pm.

We did a horrible job at taking pictures while actually on the slopes racking up a whopping 1 picture today courtesy of a lady on the bench.

I've officially decided that I'm NOT good with altitude. Why not? I workout, I've been pounding water, and I feel that I have a larger than normal lung capacity. After talking to residents of CO, I was told that I am a walking susceptibility for altitude sickness. Reason #1 - Workout regimen. I was told that working out was actually a disadvantage to my well-being here (not fair!!). Even though I am better off without burning quads after 2 days of snowboarding, apparently those who have muscles that are used to getting more oxygen to thrive off of, hurt worse when deprived (i.e. the horrible body aches I experienced today). Reason #2 Size. Being a slightly smaller person, I'm automatically at more of a risk - I can't remember why, but BOO! Reason #3...Even though I'm putting down water like it's my job, like I said earlier, it just runs right through me so alot of good that does.

So after a few runs on the bunny slopes today, we went inside to warm up. I could tell I was done. My head started to pound and my whole body just started to ache. I stayed in the car with the air blasting on high 90 degrees for almost an hour and STILL couldn't warm up! I don't know whether it was the descent from the mountains or the unbelievable amount of ibuprofen/tylenol/excedrin that was consumed, but I feel much better.

I will say that I am ready to come home after a good vacation. I want warm, I want flat, I want my friends.

So to those that I see on a normal basis, see you soon!!

Oh and I just found this old sips n' strokes pic so with lack of skiing pics, this will have to do ;)


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you went for the snowboard, eh? how did it go? i was glad to have the ski poles. what else do you do with your hands? haha we could not find the bunny slopes, so we just braved the regular slopes. it was quite a challenge but lots of fun!

eacw

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.