Saturday, January 12, 2008

Well, I THOUGHT I was ready

Upon graduating, I was bound and determined on biting the bullet and starting my Masters in the fall. When I started my job in May, things changed. I weighed my options and decided that taking some time off to get acclimated to my job, settle into Birmingham, work some overtime, and actually have some free time was the smart decision for now. I'm so glad I took that time, but I wonder if the school sparkle has left my eye.

Now, don't get me wrong, I don't freakishly love school or anything, but I do feel like it's something that I'm good at. I also like to have a goal or something to work towards and I feel that school feels that need more than work to some extent. Call me crazy.

As I started my first MSN class this past week, I cringed as I opened webct. Is it that it's an online class, which I despise? Is it the title alone? (Research statistics for advanced practice). All I know is that reading my assigned research article about hospice vs. nursing home on end of life care could have been a lot more interesting without all the study design, n=205, t-variable mumbo jumbo. I hate stats.

As time goes, hopefully things will fall back into place....right?

I know what you're thinking, "Hilary's blogs are about to go WAY south to the boring pole". I hope not, but bear with me.

On a more exciting note, I go skiing in t-minus 12 days and I am ecstatic!! I am so ready to test my athleticism to the snow. I am NOT ready for the cold, but I guess I'll manage. I want to get out there, I want to ski, board, do whatever I can get my hands on. I want to fall and get bruised-which is sure to happen. Who knows, this may be my calling ;)...right.

Until next time! H

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i agree! my evidence based medicine class is a snooze!!! well, at least i know that research is not my bag.

eacw