
I could sit here and name downsides of living alone for a few minutes, but there are definitely perks. One of these being the freedom of the thermostat. Now I have never argued about temperature with my former roommates and learned to adapt and compromise, but I figure if it's just me, I can be as extreme as I want to be!
Maybe I should keep a slightly closer watch on my temp choice. For example: The other day when my garbage disposal went to crap, I called maintenance. I found out they couldn't make it until Monday. I worked Sunday night. Now usually after I come home from work, I turn the heat on full blast and only turn it off when I wake up (I am not denying that something is really wrong with my internal temperature management, I just don't know what it is). I also usually turn the heat off and even the AC on when I know someone is coming over with the consideration that probably no one else is as cold-natured as me.
I usually let the maintenance man come in while I'm asleep simply to avoid awkward moments and small talk. So monday morning when I went to sleep, I just shut my door and hoped for the best. I woke up around 1:30 to find my garbage disposal still broken. Man! He's gonna come in when I'm awake. Still cold, (not surprising) I had 1)heat blasting 2)long sleeves and pj pants on 3)a blanket on snuggled on the couch.
Knock Knock Knock! Oh no! I ran to immediately turn the heat off, knowing that it would take much longer than that to extinguish the sauna that I had created throughout the day. I'm just sure the mm coughed a little as he walked in. I can't imagine what he thought about this little girl who was all bundled up in the heat when it was probably not even THAT cold outside!
As he walked to the sink, I tried to swallow my embarrassment and make the dreaded small talk. To no one's surprise, he very quickly made the assessment that "I would need a totally new garbage disposal which couldn't be done until a later date". Translation: I can't possibly spend another minute in this sauna!
So my apologies to the maintenance guy and anyone else who has suffered a burnout in my apartment ;) I will try to do better.
4 comments:
I think I could live with you. I am ALWAYS cold!!!!
Wow, you seem perfect.
I wish i lived alone sometimes, i thought i was the only cold hater on the planet.
My wife is the opposite.
When i have the house to myself, i turn the thermostat to 30, fire on and i love it, never to warm.
Same i nmy car, i give friends lifts sometimes and they think i am mad.
At least im not alone, my wife always turns the heat down, to share a flat with someone like you would be heaven, if you ever want a lodger, shout,.,.lol
steve..
stephenparslow10"yahoo.co.uk
My wife even turns out radiator off in the bedroom, so you wake up and its freezing,.,.,,,.oh to move in,.,.lol
stephenparslow10@yahoo.co.uk
keep i ntouch, cant believe ive found someone like me, thought i was mad,.,lol
Post a Comment